Thursday, October 9, 2014

RELAX


 
 
 As I was trying to be still and listen this morning, the Bible verse, “Be still and know that I am God” was traipsing through my brain. I began to wonder what name for God is used in that verse. So, like the good teacher I am, I turned to Strong’s Concordance for the answer and look at what I found!

The word for God in Psalm 46:10 is, Elohim – Mighty Creator. Elohim is plural, Father, Son, Holy Spirit. God spoke into my heart, “Be still with ALL of ME. Let the power and protection of the Father give you courage. Let the forgiveness and cleansing of the Son give you peace. Let the indwelling of the Holy Spirit give you hope. I AM the Creator. I AM at the beginning and I AM at the end and I AM with you now.”

So what are the Hebrew words for the rest of the verse? The word for word translation is: Relax/sink down and know (the same word as Adam knew his wife) Mighty Creator.

I live in a gorgeous place. Everyday I get to ooh and aah at God’s marvelous creation. Today I choose to let my surroundings remind me that Elohim wants me to relax with Him.
 

Serendipitous gem: Psalm 46 was written by the Sons of Korah. When I googled Sons of Korah, I found a music group by that name. They have youtube videos. Take a listen.


This one has Dutch subtitles for my Nederlandse vrienden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5ZUndEDLg

No comments:

Post a Comment